How I Become an Assistant AME Technician

Now, I am so happy to say that I am working in Malaysian Airlines as assistant tech and I am from Chennai, India. I have completed AME course and was very much worried about the Job same like you. I send so many mails to the HR of Airline Organization, MROs etc. Finally I did AME OJT from where I have completed my course. I don’t want to share my personal things, but I assure you that you can try your best after AME course, and don’t get disappointed by others talks.

Ok let me tell you how I reached this post of assistant tech from 0 experience in Aviation Industry. Well, when I started I only had 6 months AME OJT, later I tried to get jobs in aviation, but it was very difficult to get. I contacted many of my friends, seniors and relatives who got some contacts in aviation industry. I applied some interviews and written some exams for training. Finally I got training from Kingfisher Airlines of six months, and from there I learned new things and got some great valuable contacts and information. After 3 months of training, I got an information that some of the senior techs where resigning from their job as they got selected in other big airline companies abroad. This was a great opportunity for me, and I have appeared and interview conducted in our own firm got easily selected as the people who are conducting the test where some of my trainee instructors and their main team leaders. So I got a good position in the firm where I was a trainee. Since I was a trainee, I had to undergo 3 more months training and after that I got my job in the same industry.

From kingfisher, I got 2 years’ experience and later with some contacts using online, I applied for Malaysian Airlines Services Company. I have send my CV with experiences from Kingfisher Airlines and I got a reply to have an interview with some of their reps from New Delhi. It was not so hard and they have selected me and arranged for Malaysian Working Permit. It was a contract based job, but it may open a new door in front of me if the MAC satisfied my performance. Now its almost 2 years passed, still I am in Malaysia, and In the previous month I got the selection as assistant tech.


Here the funny part is, I don’t even cleared any AME license papers.  Only thing I had was  my training and experiences. So friends, don’t need to worry. Get 2-3 years  of working experience and apply. You can get the job. Don’t forget to learn the things thoroughly and be confident in interviews. Good luck.
How I Become an Assistant AME Technician How I Become an Assistant AME Technician Reviewed by Unknown on 6:24:00 PM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.